TI Connect™ CE Software 5.x for Windows® and Mac®
APPLICATION: This License applies to TI Connect™ CE Software for Windows® and Mac® obtained in the United Kingdom.
IMPORTANT - Read this agreement (“Agreement”) carefully before installing the software program(s) in this installation. The software program(s) and materials accompanying this package are licensed, not sold. By installing or otherwise using the software program(s) in this installation, you agree to be bound by the terms of this license.
The software program(s) in this installation and any related documentation (collectively referred to as the Program) are licensed, not sold, by Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) and/or any applicable licensors (collectively referred to as Licensor). Specific details of the license granted are set forth below.
(1) Additional Terms Applicable To The Holder Of License:
(1.2) You agree that you will not disassemble or decompile the Software except as permitted by law. This Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event you attempt to disassemble or decompile the Software or defeat any software protection mechanism except as permitted by law. You may not sub-license, assign, rent, lease or otherwise transfer the Program or any copies, whether in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND DAMAGES EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
(2) Limited Warranty.
(2.1) During the warranty period Licensor warrants that the Program, when properly installed, will materially conform to the functional specifications set forth in the applicable user manual. Licensor does not warrant that the Program will meet your requirements or that operation of the Program will be uninterrupted or error free. The warranty period is two (2) years commencing on the date the license is acquired by the end user authorized under the single user license terms stipulated above. You must notify Licensor in writing of any nonconformity within the warranty period. This warranty shall not be valid if the Program has been subject to misuse, unauthorized modification or installation. Any modifications made to the Program by you are not included in this warranty.
(2.2) Licensor’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy shall be, at Licensor’s option, either: (a) refund of the price paid upon return of the Program to Licensor or (b) modification or replacement of the Program that does not meet this limited warranty, provided you have otherwise complied with this license. You must show dated proof of purchase.
(2.3) THE WARRANTIES EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND APPLY SOLELY TO YOU, THE END-USER WHO LICENSED THE PROGRAM. LICENSOR MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THE LICENSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, GOOD TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
(3) Damages Exclusions and Limitations
(3.1) LICENSOR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, OR SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(3.2) LICENSOR’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS LICENSE IS LIMITED TO 250 (TWO HUNDRED FIFTY) GB£.
(3.3) THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES DO NOT APPLY IN THE CASE OF LIABILITY ARISING FROM FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM OUR NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION IN RESPECT OF WHICH LIABILITY MAY NOT BY LAW BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED.
(1) TI may terminate this Agreement for good cause with immediate effect if you fail to comply with its terms. Upon termination of this Agreement, you agree to return or destroy the original package and all whole or partial copies of the Program in your possession and so certify in writing to TI.
(2) The export and re-export of the Program is subject to the export control laws of the country in which you purchased a license for the Program and the United States Export Administration Act of 1969 as amended. Compliance with such regulations is your responsibility. You agree that you do not intend to nor will you, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or transmit the Program or technical data to any country to which such export, re-export or transmission is restricted by any applicable regulation or statute of the country in which you bought the Program or of the United States, without the proper written consent or license, if required of the competent authority in the country in which you purchased a license for the Program and/or the Bureau of Industry and Security of the United States Department of Commerce.
(3) This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim, dispute or matter of difference which may arise out of or in connection with this Agreement (including without limitation claims for set-off or counterclaim) and the legal relationships established by this Agreement.
(4) If any provision in this Agreement or part of any provision shall be or become invalid, the other provisions as well as the other part of the provision shall remain valid.
(5) This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding of you and TI. Any additions or modifications hereto must be made in writing and signed by a duly authorized TI representative. This also applies to any waiver of this requirement of written form.
(6) Manufacturer is Texas Instruments Incorporated, 13532 N. Central Expressway, M/S 3816, Dallas, Texas 75243, U.S.A.
The following program files are covered by and distributed under the Apache License. Additional files and licenses follow.
NOTE: NOT APPLICABLE FOR USB VERSIONS OF THE TI-SMARTVIEW™ EMULATOR SOFTWARE.
For more information on Apache software please visit the following website http://www.apache.org/licenses/.
Apache License follows:
Version 2.0, January 2004
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
“License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.
"Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.
"Legal Entity" shall mean the union of the acting entity and all other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition, "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
"You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or Legal Entity exercising permissions granted by this License.
"Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
“Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
"Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
"Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
"Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including the original version of the Work and any modifications or additions to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, "submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a Contribution."
"Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable by such Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s) with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You institute patent litigation against any entity (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate as of the date such litigation is filed.
4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You meet the following conditions:
(a) You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
(b) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files; and
(c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices from the Source form of the Work, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works; and
(d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.
You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and may provide additional or different license terms and conditions for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use, reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with the conditions stated in this License.
5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License, without any additional terms or conditions. Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.
8. Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
End of Apache License
JSON in Java is free software distributed under the terms of the JSON.org license. Additional files and licenses follow.
Copyright (c) 2002 JSON.org
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
End of JSON in Java license
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is distributed under the Oracle Binary Code License Agreement for the Java SE Platform Products and JavaFX. Additional files and licenses follow.
Please refer to http://java.com/license
End of Oracle Binary Code License Agreement
Java Advanced Imaging API is distributed under the Sun Microsystems, Inc. Binary Code License Agreement for the Java Advanced Imaging API 1.1.3.
Please refer to http://download.java.net/media/jai/builds/release/1_1_3/LICENSE-jai.txt
End of Sun Microsystems, Inc Binary Code License