We've made it easy!
- No charge for the course. It is now FREE.
- No time limit. There is now an unlimited time for completing the course.
- No user name and password required. Just click on the course outline then click on the lesson that you would like to take.
Note: There is no credit or certificate of completion available for the completion of this course.
Who should take this course: Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 teachers, and Pre-Service, College Algebra, and Developmental Algebra educators
TI educational technology used: TI-83 Plus or TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus or TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-GRAPH LINK™ cable, TI-GRAPH LINK 83 or TI Connect™ software
Note: The TI technologies are not included in the cost of the course.
Objective: This course introduces ways of incorporating graphing technology into your algebra lessons to enrich instruction and extend your students' comprehension. Essential algebra topics such as solving equations, transformations, systems of inequalities, proportional reasoning, and factoring are correlated to the NCTM Standards.
Focus: The primary focus of this course is to use the TI-83 and TI-84 Plus families of graphing calculators to enhance the teaching and learning of algebra. This course contains 27 self-paced learning modules written by experienced teachers. Each module has 2-4 lessons as well as tips and hints on integrating the graphing calculator into your lessons plans.
- 1024 x 768 monitor resolution. These movies are 680 x 580. A screen resolution of 1024x768 gives the best viewing size, but 800x600 works well, too.
- Internet access (128kbs or better). Access using a broadband internet connection is best. These courses will work via a dial-up connection but will be slow.
- Internet Explorer™ recommended
- Macromedia Flash™ 7 Player (or later) (click here to download and install)
Note: For courses involving a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator, TI SmartView™ is used to show the calculator keyboard and screen displays. More information on the TI-SmartView presentation software package, click here.
These movies work much like a VCR. Use the menu bar at the bottom of the screen to rewind, play, fast forward, pause and stop or use the status bar to move between sections.
The “Show Me” button takes the user step-by-step through the lesson. If you feel you are familiar with the material you may want to skip forward and use the “Let Me Try” feature to test your knowledge.
Questions or get technical support:
1-800-TI-Cares or firstname.lastname@example.org.