Identify the graphical connections between a function and its accumulation function
- For a given function, recognize the accumulation function as an antiderivative of the original function
- Apply and explain the second Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- accumulation function
- definite integral
About the Lesson
The intent of this lesson is to help students make visual connections between a function and its definite integral. As a result, students will:
- Use the accumulation function with a fixed starting point to find definite integrals of a function over different intervals.
- Observe that the accumulation function is an antiderivative of the original function.
- Apply the antiderivative property of the accumulation function in combination with their use of the accumulation function to determine a definite integral.
- Conclude with stating and applying an informal statement of the second Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.