Based on the information you provided, TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ version 3.9 is the most recent version for your technology.
>How to check your computer software version
>How to check your TI-Nspire™ handheld version
>How to check your TI-Innovator Hub™ version
If you are not running version 3.9, you can update your TI-Nspire™ technology by following the 3 steps listed below:
With the latest version of TI-Nspire™ technology, we improved connectivity between handheld and access point; therefore, it is important that you follow the steps carefully. System Requirements have changed; please review at system requirements before updating. If you have questions or issues, please contact TI-CARES at 1.800.842.2737.
To facilitate the update process, we recommend that you print these instructions and set aside about one hour to complete the update process. Time varies depending on network speed and current handheld OS version.
1. Update Your TI-Nspire™ Handhelds
Update your TI-Nspire™ handhelds operating system (OS). To successfully install the new OS there must be at least 15MB of free space on the TI-Nspire™ handheld.
Download and save the OS file to a location that you can find easily. (Note: Once you have upgraded to version 3.9 you are unable to load previous versions of the TI-Nspire™ OS)
- Go to the Content workspace in your TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Teacher Software. You should see all the connected handhelds. Make sure all handhelds are turned on.
- From the Tools Menu, select Transfer Tool. Click on Add to Transfer List.
- Select the file name and press the Select button. The OS file name will appear in the Transfer Tool queue.
- Click Start Transfer. A progress screen is displayed.
- Click Stop Transfer when all handhelds have received the OS file.
2. Back-up your database
Before you update you TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ software you should create a copy of your database as a precaution.
- Close any open TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ software.
Go to the database location.
- Windows 7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Texas Instruments\[Name of software]
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Texas Instruments\[Name of software]
- Mac OS X: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Texas Instruments/[Name of software]
- Rename the navNspireTSDB folder to another name (such as navNspireTSDB-copy). You may want to save this file to your desktop in case you need to reload it later.
3. Update TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Software
Download and save the software to a location that you can find easily.
If you have questions or issues, contact TI-CARES at 1.800.842.2737.
- Install the software by double-clicking the icon on your computer.
- Once installation is complete open the TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ software and select Network Manager. (Note: Your TI-Nspire™ handhelds must have version 3.9 installed to work with the TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ system.)
The TI-Nspire™ CX Wireless Network Adapters or TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Cradles you have previously set-up will be listed as wireless clients in the Network Manager window.
- If you do not see any adapters and/or cradles listed, launch the set-up wizard and follow the prompts
Visit the TI Knowledge Base Solution #25950
for updating your access point or #11900
for handheld troubleshooting.
TI-Innovator™ Sketch, Download and Install TI-Innovator™ Hub Update Software
Download and save the software to a location that you can find easily
TI-Innovator™ Sketch, Download and Install Sketch
Download and Install sketch using the TI-Innovator™ Hub Update Software
Free activities and tools to help with understanding of key math concepts.
Free activities that expolre concepts in Life, Earth Physical science; Biology; Chemistry; Physics and Forensics.
Searchable resource provide answer to most questions regarding TI-Nspired technology
View free webinars figuring the most relevant topics in math and STEM education.
Focused lessons designed to help students connect mathematical concepts across grade levels.