Coding in the Classroom for Comprehension and Contextual Learning
Technology: TI-84 Plus family
Speakers: Kara Leaman, Ann Schlemper
Discover ways to get your students to use simple coding to assess their knowledge of function behavior and apply it to real and creative contexts.
Join this webinar to explore coding on the TI-84 Plus CE graphing calculator and TI Connect™ CE software application. Presenters will demonstrate writing programs that can be used in algebra, precalculus and calculus. These programs include explorations of:
- Near asymptotes
- End behavior/limits at infinity
- Applications to blood alcohol levels
- Some graphic design
The presenters will highlight:
- Programs that allow students to enhance, check and apply their understanding of polynomial, rational, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions
- Programming shortcuts included on the latest TI-84 Plus CE operating system
- The efficiency of programming using TI Connect™ CE software
*AP is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board. ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc. Neither are affiliated with, nor endorse, TI products.