Represent and analyze mathematical situations and structures using algebraic symbols.
Before the Activity
Provide each student with a copy of the attached .pdf document.
During the Activity
- Calculate the future value of investments that earn interest compounded annually, quarterly, or monthly.
- Calculate the final value of the investments.
- Calculate the amount to be invested that will have a specified future value.
After the Activity
- Review student answers
- As a class, discuss questions that appeared to be more challenging
- Re-teach concepts as necessary