Solution 34934: Correcting the Error Message "Waiting...Please Install Calculator Software Now" on a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.
How do I correct the Error "Waiting...Please Install Calculator Software Now" message on my TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition Calculator?
If an operating system (OS) update fails or is interrupted, the calculator
will be in an inoperable state with the message "Waiting...Please install
calculator software now". The most common cause of a transfer being interrupted
is updating the OS on a calculator with a low battery.
Users will need to use the TI standard A to mini B USB cable and the latest version of TI Connect CE Software to transfer the OS to the calculator.
Please Note: If TI Connect CE is not already installed please do not have your calculator plugged into your computer during the download and installation of TI Connect CE.
After completing the installation for the TI Connect CE software:
- Connect the TI standard A to mini B USB cable between the computer and the calculator. Verify the USB cable is completely pushed into the TI-84 Plus C Silver edition and it is a tight fit. If it is not completely pushed in the computer will not detect it.
- Download the latest OS to a known location or folder on your computer. (Contact TI-CARES if you are having issues locating the OS download)
- Click Actions> Send OS
- Navigate to the correct OS file for your model of calculator stored on your computer.
- Click Open, the Send OS dialog box opens
- Select from “Destination Calculators”, the appropriate calculator model.
- Press SEND
If the steps above fail or a TI standard A to mini B USB cable is not available, the OS can also be restored using another calculator.
Please Note: The sending calculator must be of the same model as the receiving calculator. An OS transfer from a TI-84 Plus family unit to a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition unit or vice versa will not work.
- Connect the two calculators using a Texas Instruments mini-A to mini-B USB cable.
- On the receiving unit, check the calculator's display to make sure it is still on. If the message Error! Press any key to turn off device is displayed, press the "Reset" button on the back of the calculator.
- Press [2ND] [LINK] and select [RECEIVE].
- On the sending unit, press [2ND] [LINK] and select G: SendOS.