Solution 10656: Requirements for Schools Purchasing Items Using A Purchase Order.
What needs to be provided along with a purchase order?
If a school is going to use a purchase order to purchase items from Texas Instruments, the following are required (For U.S. and Canada only):
1) A valid
purchase order containing a purchase order number. Requisition
requests, and requests that are hand written or on letterhead cannot be
2) The purchase order must contain an authorized signature of approval.
3) The purchase order must contain the payment term Net 30 (must appear on PO).
4) A tax exempt certificate must be provided (if applicable). Tax exempt certificates do not apply in Canada
5) Pricing information must reflect that of Texas Instruments.
6) Shipping and handling may be listed on the purchase order, but it is not necessary. However, be advised that freight charges will be applied accordingly.
7) Accounts Payable email address must be included on purchase order
To order by fax, send a fax to the following:
Attn: Purchase Order
1) Tax exempt certificate-Completely filled out with seller's information and purchaser's information
2) Product requested
3) Complete return address
4) Daytime phone number
To order by mail, send the order to the following:
To order by email, send the order to the following email address:
Important: Please include the above mentioned items as well.
For product pricing please call:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST
Friday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST
For shipping charges please reference:
Shipping and Handling Charges for Standard and Express Delivery.
Please remember to include product name, complete mailing address, and phone number.