Solution 10388: Clearing the Memory on a TI-83 Family, TI-84 Plus Family or TI-Nspire™ in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How can I clear the memory on a TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family or TI-Nspire in TI-84 Plus Mode?
The following will demonstrate how to clear the memory of a TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family or TI-Nspire in TI-84 Plus Mode. To access the reset options, press and release the [2nd] key then the [+] key (reads MEM above it in yellow) and then choose 7:Reset. The following options are available:
Please Note: You may need to press [Right Arrow] to cycle to some of the below resets.
2) Defaults - Does not clear any files from the calculator. Instead, this option resets the calculator settings to default, including the Mode, Graph Format, Table Setup, and other settings.
3) Vars - Clears all variables from Archive (Flash ROM). This option will NOT delete Apps or variables stored in RAM memory.
4) Apps - Clears all Apps from Archive. This will not delete any variables.
5) Both - Will clear all Apps and Variables from Archive. This will not delete any Variables from RAM.
6) All Memory - Clears everything from RAM and Archive, leaving only the Calculator OS and its components.
If one of the above resets does not resolve an issue, please see the case entitled "Troubleshooting a TI Graphing Calculator That Will Not Turn On" for more advanced reset procedures.