Students will practice t-test calculations using technology, just as they will be required to do so during examinations.
- Students will discuss scenarios when best to use a t-test.
- Students will practice writing their null and alternative hypotheses.
- Students will decide between one and two tailed tests, finding the t-value and p-value with the handheld, and stating their conclusions.
- normally distributed
- pooled data
About the Lesson
Students will be given several examples of data. They will do the following for each
- Write down the null and alternative hypotheses.
- State whether the example is a one-tailed or a two-tailed test.
- Using the handheld, students will find the t-value and p-value for a 2 sample t-test at the 5% significance level.
- Write down the conclusion to the test.