- Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (3.5" diagonal)
- Screen resolution: 115 DPI; 16-level grayscale
- Powered by (4) AAA batteries
- Rechargeable battery-enabled (rechargeable battery sold separately)
- Memory: 15MB storage memory / 32MB operating memory
- USB port for computer connectivity, unit-to-unit communication with other TI-Nspire family handhelds, and more.
- CALCULATOR – Enter and view expressions, equations and formulas exactly as they appear in math textbooks. Quickly and easily select the proper syntax, symbols and variables from a template that supports standard mathematical notation. Scroll through previous entries to explore outcomes and patterns.
- GRAPHS – Graph and explore functions, animate points on objects or graphs and explain their behavior, and much more.
- GEOMETRY – Create and explore geometric shapes.
- LISTS & SPREADSHEET – Capture and track the values of a graph and collected data, and observe number patterns. Organize the results of statistical analysis. Capabilities similar to using computer spreadsheets: label columns, insert formulas into cells, select individual cells and change their size, and more.
- DATA & STATISTICS – Summarize statistical data using different graphical methods. Manipulate and explore data – watch how changes in data can affect the statistical analysis. Create "quick graphs". Perform a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical calculations on real data sets.
- NOTES – Put the math in writing. Include the word problem with its solutions and explain problem-solving approaches – right in the handheld or computer software. Question-and-answer templates allow educators to prompt students to show solutions.
- VERNIER DATAQUEST – Create a hypothesis graphically and replay data collection experiments. Use in conjunction with the TI-Nspire Lab Cradle.
Features and Functionality
- Utilize images (jpeg, jpg, bmp, png file formats), including photos
- 3D graphing
- Includes an easy-glide Touchpad that works more like a computer with a mouse.
- See multiple representations of a single problem - algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written.
- Explore individual representations, one at a time, or as many as four on the same screen.
- Grab a graphed function and move it to see the effect on corresponding equations and data lists
- "Link" representations: Manipulate the properties of one and observe instant updates to others without switching screens
- Solve equations while avoiding arithmetic errors
- Receive a TI-84 Plus Keypad by mail. Request it from education.ti.com/84keypad at no added cost.
- Built-in interactive geometry capabilities.
- Easy-to-use computer features:
- Simple drop-down menus - emulate the intuitive operation of familiar computer features
- Quick alpha keys
- Save and review work - create, edit and save problem solving in documents and pages similar to the word processing and file storage features of a computer.
- Connectivity – easily link with another TI-Nspire family handheld or a PC for easy file transfer
- Features a dedicated programming environment as well as programming libraries for global access to user-defined functions & programs
- Students learn mathematical concepts more readily with deeper understanding when they learn across different forms of representation
- Students using TI-Nspire handhelds have demonstrated deeper understanding and greater abilities in drawing inferences
- Appropriate use of TI-Nspire technology can facilitate use of shared resources for collaborative learning, high student engagement, and a novel, integrated format for instructional units. Beliefs that the calculator is an aid to learning mathematics (not just an efficiency device)
- Visit http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductMulti/research_nspire.html for more information about research on TI-Nspire technology
In the package:
- AAA batteries
- Slide case
- TI-Nspire Software (student or teacher, trial or perpetual depending on the configuration purchased)
- USB computer cable
- Unit-to-unit cable
Complementary Technology & Activities
- Connect the TI-Nspire ViewScreen Panel to any TI-Nspire handheld for use with an overhead projector.
- Use TI-Nspire Teacher Software on a computer connected to an LCD projector to explore the software's built-in SmartView™ Emulator that can be used for classroom demonstration
- Upgrade operating systems and transfer files using the TI-Nspire Docking Station
- Connect to TI-Nspire Lab Cradle, Vernier EasyTemp™, CBR™ 2 and Vernier's Go!Motion for easy data collection
- TI-Nspire Student Software and TI-Nspire Teacher Software
- Available for trial use from education.ti.com
- Available in single or multi-user licenses
- Additional free TI-Nspire activities available on TI’s online Activity Exchange, which can be easily accessed at http://education.ti.com/activities.
To learn more about TI-Nspire professional development opportunities and for a list of regional conferences, visit education.ti.com/t3.
Help, Warranty & Support Information
Windows, Windows Vista, Microsoft, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, AOL and Mac are trademarks of their respective owners.