- Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (3.2" diagonal)
- Screen resolution: 125 DPI; 16-bit color
- Powered by the TI-Nspire Rechargeable Battery (included)
- Memory: 100 MB storage memory / 64MB operating memory
- USB port for computer connectivity, unit-to-unit communication with other TI-Nspire family handhelds.
Features and Functionality
- Approved for standardized tests – PSAT/NMSQT, SAT, AP, and Praxis exams.*
- Approved on some state exams. Find your state for more information.
- Press-to-Test – designed to quickly prepare the TI-Nspire CX CAS for high-stakes exams, and easily restores for classroom use after the exam.
- Ideal for: Trigonometry, Geometry, Pre-calculus, Statistics, Business & Finance, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, AP Statistics, AP Physics, AP Calculus, and Linear Algebra
- Features all the functionality of TI-Nspire family technology, plus built-in Computer Algebra System (CAS) capabilities.
- Color, backlit display
- Ability to utilize images (jpeg, jpg, bmp, png file formats) and overlay with graphical elements on screen
- 3D graphing
- Includes an easy-glide Touchpad that works more like a computer with a mouse.
- Allows students to explore mathematical expressions in symbolic form, see patterns and understand the math behind the formulas.
- See multiple representations of a single problem – algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written.
- Explore individual representations, one at a time, or as many as four on the same screen.
- Grab a graphed function and move it to see the effect on corresponding equations and data lists
- "Link" representations: Manipulate the properties of one and observe instant updates to others without switching screens
- Solve equations while avoiding arithmetic errors
- Factor, expand expressions and solve for common denominators
- Built-in interactive geometry capabilities.
- Easy-to-use computer features:
- Simple drop-down menus – emulate the intuitive operation of familiar computer features
- Quick alpha keys
- Save and review work – create, edit and save problem solving in documents and pages similar to the word processing and file storage features of a computer.
- Connectivity – easily link with another TI-Nspire family handheld or a PC for easy file transfer
- Features a dedicated programming environment as well as programming libraries for global access to user-defined functions & programs
- CALCULATOR – Enter and view expressions, equations and formulas exactly as they appear in math textbooks. Quickly and easily select the proper syntax, symbols and variables from a template that supports standard mathematical notation. Scroll through previous entries to explore outcomes and patterns.
- GRAPHS – Graph and explore functions, animate points on objects or graphs and explain their behavior, and much more.
- GEOMETRY – Create and explore geometric shapes.
- LISTS & SPREADSHEET – Capture and track the values of a graph and collected data, and observe number patterns. Organize the results of statistical analysis. Capabilities similar to using computer spreadsheets: label columns, insert formulas into cells, select individual cells and change their size.
- DATA & STATISTICS – Summarize statistical data using different graphical methods. Manipulate and explore data – watch how changes in data can affect the statistical analysis. Create "quick graphs." Perform a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical calculations on real data sets.
- NOTES – Put the math in writing. Include the word problem with its solutions and explain problem-solving approaches – right in the handheld or computer software. Question-and-answer templates allow educators to prompt students to show solutions.
- VERNIER DATAQUEST APP – Create a hypothesis graphically and replay data collection experiments. Use in conjunction with the TI-Nspire Lab Cradle.
In the package:
- Students learn mathematical concepts more readily with deeper understanding when they learn across different forms of representation
- Students using TI-Nspire handhelds have demonstrated deeper understanding and greater abilities in drawing inferences
- Appropriate use of TI-Nspire technology can facilitate use of shared resources for collaborative learning, high student engagement, and a novel, integrated format for instructional units. Beliefs that the calculator is an aid to learning mathematics (not just an efficiency device)
- Visit TI-Nspire research for more information.
- TI-Nspire Rechargeable Battery
- Wall Adapter (the TI-Nspire CX Docking Station is included with teacher packs)
- TI-Nspire Software (student or teacher, trial or perpetual depending on the configuration purchased)
- USB computer cable
- Unit-to-unit cable
- Slide Case or TI-Nspire Screen Cling (depending on the configuration purchased)
To learn more about TI-Nspire professional development opportunities and for a list of regional conferences, visit education.ti.com/t3
. Help, Warranty & Support Information
*SAT and AP are registered trademarks of the College Entrance Examination Board. PSAT/NMSQT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation. Praxis is a trademark of Education Testing Service. Policies subject to change. Visit www.collegeboard.com, www.act.org and www.sat.org.