TI-Nspire functionality with a Computer Algebra System (CAS) built in.
TI-Nspire™ CAS technology makes it possible to recognize, simplify and calculate math expressions, preserving the symbols including variables and terms such as e and π
This ability to enter and view equations and expressions on screen as they appear in textbooks may be especially useful for step-by-step, arithmetic, algebraic and calculus calculations.
Educators have the option to incorporate CAS into their instruction, using TI-Nspire CAS technology that is designed to help students
- Learn to solve equations step-by-step while avoiding common arithmetic errors.
- Spend more time on specific math topics, from algebra through calculus.
- Factor and expand expressions and solve common denominators.
- See patterns and grasp the math behind the formulas.
- Find common denominators
For more information about CAS and how it can help your students, view our comparison chart.
TI-Nspire CAS technology is compatible with the same accessories and companion software as TI-Nspire technology:
- Connect-to-Class™ teacher software
- TI-Nspire ViewScreen™ panel
- TI's CBR 2™ motion detector
- Vernier's EasyTemp™ temperature sensor