- Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (3.5” diagonal) - two times the size of TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus models
- Screen resolution: ~115 DPI; 16-level gray-scale - five times the resolution of TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus models
- Powered by (4) AAA batteries
- Memory: 20 MB storage memory / 16MB operating memory
- USB port for computer connectivity, unit-to-unit communication with other TI-Nspire family handhelds, and more.
- Approved for standardized tests – PSAT, SAT, AP and Praxisexams
- Approved on some state exams. Visit http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductSingle/stateoverview.html for more information.
- Press-to-Test - designed to quickly prepare the TI-Nspire for high-stakes exams, and easily restores for classroom use after the exam
- Ideal for: Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics, College Math, Business & Finance, Biology, Physics and Chemistry
Features and Functionality
Exam Acceptance Chart
- Features all the functionality of TI-Nspire family technology, plus built-in Computer Algebra System (CAS) capabilities
- Allows students to explore mathematical expressions in symbolic form, see patterns and understand the math behind the formulas.
- See multiple representations of a single problem - algebraic, graphical, geometric, numeric and written.
- Explore individual representations, one at a time, or as many as four on the same screen
- Grab a graphed function and move it to see the effect on corresponding equations and data lists
- "Link" representations: Manipulate the properties of one and observe instant updates to others without switching screens
- Solve equations while avoiding arithmetic errors
- Factor, expand expressions and solve for common denominators
- Built-in interactive geometry capabilities
- Easy-to-use computer features:
- Simple drop-down menus - emulate the intuitive operation of familiar computer features
- Clickpad computer-like cursor control - simply use Clickpad to point, move and click, transitioning through screens and functions with ease
- Individual letter keys - replaces the second-function alpha keys used on traditional graphing calculators. Now it’s faster and simpler to enter text within problems, documents and pages.
- Save and review work - create, edit and save problem solving in documents and pages similar to the word processing and file storage features of a computer
- Connectivity – easily link with another TI-Nspire family handheld or a PC for easy file transfer
- Features a dedicated programming environment as well as programming libraries for global access to user-defined functions & programs
TI-Nspire CAS Applications
- CALCULATOR - Enter and view expressions, equations and formulas exactly as they appear in math textbooks. Quickly and easily select the proper syntax, symbols and variables from a template that supports standard mathematical notation. Scroll through previous entries to explore outcomes and patterns.
- GRAPHS – Graph and explore functions, animate points on objects or graphs and explain their behavior, and much more.
- GEOMETRY – Create and explore geometric shapes
- LISTS & SPREADSHEET - Capture and track the values of a graph and collected data, and observe number patterns. Organize the results of statistical analysis. Capabilities similar to using computer spreadsheets: label columns, insert formulas into cells, select individual cells and change their size, and more.
- DATA & STATISTICS - Summarize statistical data using different graphical methods. Manipulate and explore data - watch how changes in data can affect the statistical analysis. Create "quick graphs". Perform a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical calculations on real data sets.
- NOTES - Put the math in writing. Include the word problem with its solutions and explain problem-solving approaches - right in the handheld or computer software. Question-and-answer templates allow educators to prompt students to show solutions.
- Students learn mathematical concepts more readily with deeper understanding when they learn across different forms of representation
- Students using TI-Nspire handhelds have demonstrated deeper understanding and greater abilities in drawing inferences
- Appropriate use of TI-Nspire technology can facilitate use of shared resources for collaborative learning, high student engagement, and a novel, integrated format for instructional units. Beliefs that the calculator is an aid to learning mathematics (not just an efficiency device)
- Visit http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductMulti/research_nspire.html for more information about research on TI-Nspire technology
Complementary Technology & Activities
Connect the TI-Nspire ViewScreen Panel to any TI-Nspire CAS handheld for use with an overhead projector.
Use TI-Nspire CAS Teacher Software on a computer connected to an LCD projector to explore the software's built-in SmartView™ Emulator that can be used for classroom demonstration.
Connect TI-Nspire CAS to Vernier EasyTemp™ CBR™2 and Vernier's Go!Motion for easy data collection.
TI-Nspire CAS Student Software and TI-Nspire CAS Teacher Software
Available for trial use from education.ti.com. Available in single or multi-user licenses.
Additional free TI-Nspire CAS activities available on TI's online Activity Exchange, which can be easily accessed at http://education.ti.com/activities.
To learn more about TI-Nspire CAS professional development opportunities and for a list of regional conferences, visit education.ti.com/t3.
Help, Warranty & Support Information
Toll-free help hotline: 1 800 TI-CARES.
E-mail help line: email@example.com.
One-year limited warranty.
Workshop Loan Program - borrow TI handhelds for evaluation or workshops. Visit http://education.ti.com/loan for more information.
TI Technology Rewards Program (formerly Volume Purchase Program): proofs of purchase redeemable for additional products.
Visit http://education.ti.com/vpp for more information.
Printed Manual and Reference Guide included in the package, but are also available from http://education.ti.com/guides.
TI-Nspire CAS operating system updates will be available at http://education.ti.com/latest.
Windows, Windows Vista, Microsoft, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, AOL and Mac are trademarks of their respective owners.