For TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus graphing calculators
Within seconds, educators can gain control over testing environments using TI TestGuard 2.0 to:
- Remove or disable* programs and applications on student calculators before tests
- Delete other data stored on student calculators before tests
- Restore programs and applications on student calculators after tests
You must be an educator to get this App.
Request download and operating instructions
- Runs only on educators' TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus graphing calculators
- Clears data from TI-83 Plus graphing calculator
- Clears or disables* data from TI-84 Plus graphing calculator
- Lets educators determine if they want to remove or disable data, and to specifiy types of data affected
- Lets educators specify applications to remain on student calculators if they choose to clear or disable data
- Quickly restores data that was disabled for a test
Configuring student calculators before tests and restoring them afterwards is quick and easy with TI TestGuard 2.0.
Set-up and restore instructions for TI TestGuard 2.0 (PDF)
For TI-83 and TI-89 graphing calculators
TI TestGuard 1.0 is available for classrooms using TI-83 graphing calculators without flash and for TI-89 graphing calculators.
Set-up instructions for TI TestGuard 1.0 (PDF)
Learn more about TI TestGuard 1.0
Press-to-Test for TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus Special Edition
Press-to-Test is an alternative to TI TestGuard 2.0 and is available with all TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus Special Edition graphing calculators with an operating system 2.40 or higher. Using a special key sequence, Press-to-Test temporarily disables (rather than deletes) access to flash applications, programs or other files not permitted on exam, and then restores them afterwards.
Set-up and restore instructions for TI-84 Plus & TI-84 Plus Silver Edition (PDF)
Press-to-Test for TI-NspireTM and TI-Nspire CAS handhelds
Press-to-Test is an alternative to TI TestGuard 2.0 and is built-in to TI-Nspire™ and TI-Nspire CAS handhelds, allowing educators to potentially stop cheating by temporarily disabling all current documents and denying access to programming libraries.
Set-up and restore instructions for TI-Nspire Press-to-Test (PDF)
Read more about TI-Nspire Press-to-Test
Latest operating system for TI-84 Plus family
The latest OS for the TI-84 Plus family is available. When running on an operating system version lower than 2.40, TI TestGuard 2.0 features can be used the same as for the TI-83 Plus graphing calculator.
Download latest OS for TI-84 Plus family
* Disable feature works only on student TI-84 Plus calculators with OS version 2.40 or higher. If TI TestGuard 2.0 is set up to disable programs and/or applications and the student has a TI-83 Plus or a TI-84 Plus with an earlier OS, the programs and/or applications will be deleted instead, with a configuration comparable to what was specified.