- Use a table and a graph to compare the changes in linear and exponential expressions as x is increased
- Recognize that as x increases, a linear expression increases at a constant rate (additively) while an exponential function increases multiplicatively
- Linear expression
- Exponential expression
About the Lesson
This lesson involves comparing data from two different scenarios—linear and exponential growth. As a result, students will:
- Complete a table involving prize money scenarios.
- Examine the table for trends in the growth of each prize money scenarios.
- Examine the graphs to compare the data.